Oldest Daughter and I have always watched awards shows together, and I love it. We curl up on the couch under a blanket and talk about the dresses and whose speeches are good and awkward and remind people to thank their spouses. Here is our recap of the Golden Globes:
- Thank you God for Amy Poehler and Tina Fey. Wish we had seen more of them.
- “When it comes to torture, I trust the lady who was married for three years to James Cameron.“
- “No one has PLANS to do porn.”
- Tommy Lee Jones’ face while they’re riffing “Hope Springs” – this from Twitter @RichardCrouse, hilarious:
- Jennifer Lawrence’s dress.
- Jennifer Lawrence’s entire acceptance speech. Don’t kid yourself, Meryl laughed. Because she already has like 20 of those things.
- Lena Dunham referring to watching Tina and Amy in middle school.
- Will Ferrell and Kristin Wiig. If you missed it, check it out: http://youtu.be/0G2jMY3j3mM
- Glenn Close acting drunk.
- Amy canoodling in George Clooney’s lap.
- Argo win, particularly after getting snubbed by Oscars.
- Jen Garner thanking Ben’s extra people – c’mon Ben, she probably picks up your dirty underwear too. MEN.
- Any shots of Bradley Cooper.
In the middle of the show, Oldest Daughter turns to me and says, “I think I’m going to give Current Boyfriend a baby for…” and then I went deaf. WHAT. THE. HELL???? I woke to her lightly slapping me and pouring merlot down my throat. Then she finished her sentence, which was “….Turnabout, and I’ll take its head off and pin a note on it that says, ‘This will be you if you don’t go to the dance with me’.” WHEW. That was a close one. Way to redeem yourself, OD. I went from shock to pride in 10 seconds. Of COURSE that’s how you should ask him. Although let’s replace the baby with a Zhu-Zhu pet or a Lalaloopsie.
On to the Oscars!2