Happy New Year, All Y’all~!
I realize it’s January 2nd, but Youngest Daughter had a sleepover on NYE, and they ate about 20 pounds of candy, and then were up until 6 a.m. – you read that right – and I spent the day yesterday alternating between eating cinnamon rolls and napping. Then I had to get up at 5:45 a.m. today to be at work by 7 a.m. and I’m all kinds of messed up. Someone online today said “It’s Tuesday, 2009″ and I thought “that is exactly how I feel.”
New Year’s Resolutions, 2014
1. More Tina Fey, less Bea Arthur.
2. Start checking chin for hair.
3. Water. In my mouth.
4. Think harder about exercise. Enjoy chips while thinking.
5. Figure out a way to get to BlogHer for maximum Bloggess stalking.
6. Take a moment every day to thank God my children no longer watch Calliou.
7. Discover more wine/cheese and wine/chocolate pairings.
8. Visit Chad the Awesome Masseuse more, don’t apologize for leg hair and rough heels.
9. Embrace my age, minus five years.
10. Put “The” in front of more words, ie. The Marijuana, The Twitter, The Facebook, The Diarrhea.
I not only think these things are do-able, they will bring a satisfaction level 2013 didn’t attain. I imagine 2014 will be awesome regardless, as 2010 was pretty much the standout bad year for me this decade. I hope you all had terrific New Year’s Days, and are making resolutions that bring you joy.
*clink* I toast to you!